Sunday, December 30, 2012

Master bedroom


The key here was the color palette. I have my heart set on taupe with a hint of lavender. The lavender part has to be very subtle and done discreetly prior to my husband's knowledge. He dislikes any color that he considered girl. Lavender is one of them.

We will have two build-in closets here - one facing the bed in a light taupe/grey color and a mirror door one on the left. There will be a nook opposite to the mirror closet where will be a great location for a small piece of furniture such as a bench.

It isn't easy picking out the right color out of a million choices from the color deck. To make it more complicated, 'taupe with a hint of lavender' is not a straight forward concept I can ask anyone else to help. I can also tell you that what came out as a sample, and later, on your wall, will look very different from the deck. Sort of like picking nail polish from the sample and the color always appear slightly off on your nail.

After you pick the color, other decisions have to be made on the finishing: grainy, shiny, smooth, etc. It was like going to Star Bucks for wall paint.

As for furniture, I am very fond of tufted upholstery. I will have that for the headboard as well as the bench. Perhaps both from Indigo . The trunk in the moodboard from the Kelly Hoppen collection looked fantastic but not cheap at all. I saw several great alternatives from Inside. I might need to do more accessorizing once we move in. For now I will save that part for me to do on my maternity leave.




We toyed around the idea of having a walk-in closet here. As much as I love it, I have to draw it out to create more space for the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment